By Ren-Ke Li,Richard D. Weisel
Cardiac Regeneration and service, quantity reviews using biomaterials, on my own or mixed with telephone treatment, in offering tissue-engineered constructs to fix the injured center and forestall or opposite middle failure.
Part one explores the diversity of biomaterials to be had for cardiac fix, together with nanomaterials and hydrogels. additional chapters discover using biomaterials to augment stem mobilephone remedy for restoring ventricular functionality and producing stem cell-modified intravascular stents. half makes a speciality of tissue engineering for cardiac fix, together with chapters on decellularized biologic scaffolds, artificial scaffolds, telephone sheet engineering, maturation of sensible cardiac tissue patches, vascularized engineered tissues for in vivo and in vitro functions, and scientific issues for cardiac tissue engineering. ultimately, half 3 explores vascular home improvement, together with chapters highlighting aortic extracellular matrix home improvement, cell-biomaterial interactions for blood vessel formation, and stem cells for tissue-engineered blood vessels.
Cardiac Regeneration and service, quantity Two is complemented by way of an preliminary quantity protecting pathology and remedies. jointly, the 2 volumes of Cardiac Regeneration and service provide a complete source for clinicians, scientists, or academicians thinking about cardiac regeneration, together with these drawn to phone remedy, tissue engineering, or biomaterials.
- Surveys the diversity of biomaterials on hand for cardiac fix, together with nanomaterials and hydrogels.
- Focuses on tissue engineering for cardiac fix together with medical concerns for cardiac tissue engineering
- Explores vascular home improvement, highlighting aortic extracellular matrix home improvement, cell-biomaterial interactions for blood vessel formation, and stem cells for tissue-engineered blood vessels
Read Online or Download Cardiac Regeneration and Repair: Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering: 2 (Woodhead Publishing Series in Biomaterials) PDF
Best biotechnology books
Pollution, a big hindrance on the finish of the twentieth century, nonetheless continues to be an important challenge to be solved this day. ordinarily, commercial waste gases have basically been taken care of via actual or chemical tools. the hunt for brand spanking new, effective, and comparatively cheap replacement applied sciences has resulted in the improvement and, extra lately, the advance of gasoline part bioreactors.
This moment version of a bestselling textbook deals an instructive and entire evaluate of our present wisdom of biocatalysis and enzyme know-how. The publication now includes approximately forty% extra published content material. 3 chapters are thoroughly new, whereas the others were completely up to date, and a bit with difficulties and strategies in addition to new case stories were additional.
Brain–computer interfaces (BCI) are units which degree mind task and translate it into messages or instructions, thereby establishing up many research and alertness percentages. This booklet offers keys for figuring out and designing those multi-disciplinary interfaces, which require many fields of craftsmanship comparable to neuroscience, facts, informatics and psychology.
Within the final couple of a long time, examine within the sector of tissue engineering has witnessed large growth. the point of interest has been on changing or facilitating the regeneration of broken or diseased phone, tissue or organs by way of utilising a biomaterial help approach, and a mix of cells and bioactive molecules.
- Biotechnologische Energieumwandlung: Gegenwärtige Situation, Chancen und künftiger Forschungsbedarf (acatech DISKUTIERT) (German Edition)
- Protein Engineering Techniques: Gateways to Synthetic Protein Universe (SpringerBriefs in Applied Sciences and Technology)
- Twenty-Second Symposium on Biotechnology for Fuels and Chemicals (ABAB Symposium)
- Advanced Molecularly Imprinting Materials (Advanced Material Series)
- Systems Biology of Clostridium
Extra info for Cardiac Regeneration and Repair: Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering: 2 (Woodhead Publishing Series in Biomaterials)