By Jan Leslie, PhD Holtz
"Luring readers in...with meticulously woven medical vignettes, Holtz masterfully provides the mechanics and the artwork of neuropsychology....students will enjoy the old roots of neuropsychology, [and] will comprehend the multiplex platforms of present neuropsychological approaches..."
-Nancy S. Koven, PhD
"...there has now not been an on hand textual content concentrating on the applying of the elemental ideas in scientific neuropsychological practice....Finally, a textual content is offered to treatment this problem."
-Dennis Andersen, MS, LMHC
Eastern Washington college
"A helpful advent to the sphere of medical neuropsychology and its terminology, this article fills a void. The reader profits an appreciation for the multifaceted position of the medical neuropsychologist, not just as an assessor of cognitive functioning but additionally as a therapy professional."
Lauren Littlefield, PhD,
This step forward introductory text-unlike all different medical neuropsychology textbooks at the market-introduces complex undergraduate scholars and clinicians in education to the sphere by means of exhibiting undergraduate scholars how scientific neuropsychologists really perform their craft. The publication uncovers the pro concerns that scientific neuropsychologists take care of day-by-day, together with neurogenerative problems, got problems, moral perform matters, interviewing, checking out, analysis and therapy making plans, drug prescriptions, and extra.
Using case reviews culled from the author's personal scientific paintings, the e-book offers scholars with firsthand bills of neuropsychology in motion. because the first textbook to combine genuine, sensible functions of neuropsychology, it covers the review, prognosis, and remedy of people with mind affliction or damage, rather than interpreting mind constructions and features on my own. This leading edge, application-based method of neuropsychology is absolute to supply scholars a transparent, entire realizing of what neuropsychology is and what neuropsychologists do.Key features:
- Covers center suggestions of neuropsychology, together with neuroanatomy, neurophysiology, mind constitution and serve as, and problems of the principal worried process
- Includes application-based issues now not coated in conventional texts, akin to: differential analysis; person, crew, and relations remedy; and psychopharmacology
- Discusses attempt idea and evaluate, analyzing exams of highbrow skills, reminiscence functioning, and extra
- Extensive teachers' ancillary package deal to be had with try questions and approximately a hundred illustrations in PowerPoint structure
Read Online or Download Applied Clinical Neuropsychology: An Introduction PDF
Best psychological testing & measurement books
For cognitive treatment to achieve success, therapists needs to determine the foremost components that give a contribution to their consumers' difficulties. powerful cognitive case conceptualization inevitably precedes applicable concentrating on and intervention choice. It calls for the combination of the result of a complete overview right into a robust conceptual starting place.
Written by means of a well known professional in class neuropsychology, necessities of faculty Neuropsychological overview, moment version is a realistic source providing institution psychologists, academic diagnosticians, and pediatric neuropsychologists with transparent insurance and very important details in this evolving sector of perform inside tuition psychology.
Dieses Buch liefert eine anwendungsorientierte Einführung in die Datenauswertung mit der freien Statistikumgebung R. Es behandelt deskriptive Auswertungen ebenso umfassend wie inferenzstatistische Analysen. Neben klassischen univariaten Verfahren berücksichtigt das Buch nonparametrische exams, Resampling-Methoden und multivariate Statistik.
For numerous generations humans were instructed that their capability as people is proscribed and essentially unequal. The social order, they've been guaranteed, is prepared through powers past their keep watch over. extra lately the attraction has been to biology, particularly the genes, mind sciences, the idea that of intelligence, and robust new applied sciences.
- New Developments in Quantitative Psychology: Presentations from the 77th Annual Psychometric Society Meeting: 66 (Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & Statistics)
- The Assessment of Object Relations Phenomena in Adolescents: Tat and Rorschach Measu
- Understanding Adult Attachment in Family Relationships: Research, Assessment and Intervention
- Rehabilitation and Health Assessment: Applying ICF Guidelines
- Psychological Report Writing Assistant
- Handbook of Cross-Cultural and Multicultural Personality Assessment (Personality and Clinical Psychology Series)
Additional info for Applied Clinical Neuropsychology: An Introduction