By George Stachokas
- Describes how digital assets represent either a problem and a chance for libraries
- Argues that librarians can re-define themselves
- Puts the case that libraries could be reorganized to optimize digital source administration and knowledge providers in keeping with modern know-how and consumer needs
Read or Download After the Book: Information Services for the 21st Century (Chandos Information Professional Series) PDF
Similar library & information science books
Reference provider continues to be a middle functionality of contemporary libraries. despite the fact that, how and the place we offer guidance has developed with altering applied sciences and the transferring conduct and personal tastes of our clients. a method libraries offers the on-demand, in-person tips whereas handling and constructing new companies and assets that would gain present and destiny clients is to reassess how their reference issues and companies are staffed and undertake a staff-based reference version.
Gaining knowledge of the abilities priceless for transparent, powerful writing could make writing projects movement extra simply. This ebook is helping educational librarians who're new to the occupation or new to a supervisory or administration place, in addition to those that are looking to be extra efficient and make the their writing for paintings move extra easily.
The aim of any examine review is to judge the worth or caliber of the study compared to different examine. As caliber is extremely subjective and hard to degree, citations are used as a proxy. Citations are a big a part of scholarly conversation and an important portion of study assessment, with the idea being that hugely mentioned paintings has stimulated the paintings of many different researchers and as a result it's extra precious.
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2011 im Fachbereich Bibliothekswissenschaften, details technological know-how, observe: 1,0, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin (Institut für Bibliotheks- und Informationswissenschaft), Veranstaltung: Bibliotheken und Informationsangebote unter sozialen Gesichtspunkten, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Die zunehmende Bedeutung digitaler Technologien insbesondere in der naturwissenschaftlichen Forschung lässt sich am Begriff der e-Science, der „eine neue shape wissenschaftlichen Arbeitens in globaler Vernetzung von Computerressourcen, Wissen, Werkzeugen und Menschen“ (Andreas Aschenbrenner et al.
- Virtually Embedded: The Librarian in an Online Environment
- Leadership in Academic Libraries Today: Connecting Theory to Practice
- Making the Library Accessible for All: A Practical Guide for Librarians (Practical Guides for Librarians)
- When We Are No More: How Digital Memory Is Shaping Our Future
- Multilingual Thesaurus of Geosciences
Additional info for After the Book: Information Services for the 21st Century (Chandos Information Professional Series)